Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thing #2 is 3!

I was just getting used to the idea that Thing#1 is 5 and now, seemingly out of the blue, Thing #2 goes and has a birthday on me. I just can't seem to get over how quickly time is moving, or maybe it is how quickly I am moving.

Thing#2 is a cheeky, good-hearted little boy. He likes to get his own way and he loves his independence. But, he also loves to snuggle, often saying things like, "Mommy, I love you" or "You are such a sweet girl" while patting my head. He has proven to be a great big brother; his only fault being that he is, perhaps, a little overzealous in his affections to the little one.

He is also an amazing little brother. I often reflect on how much he has helped his older brother come out of his shell. A lot of the affection and sociability that Thing#1 has shown in the last couple of years is clearly inspired by his little brother. They are a good match, and they seem to know it.

He really is an incredible kid. He knows just how far he can go without really getting into trouble. He gets away with a lot but he is still a good kid. It is a fine line and I respect his ability to successfully navigate it.


Playing
Self-Portrait
I don't know where Thing #2 went but here is The Boy Wonder helping me make pancakes.   Aren't I lucky?

No comments: