Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Thing #2 is 2!

I can't believe it. He is a man of few words but knows exactly what he wants and knows exactly what he can get away with.  Every day I look at him, he looks more and more like a little boy, and yet I feel like I barely know him because the past two years have simply flown by.  He keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh, heartily and out loud, every single day.  He has enabled Thing #1 to mature in unexpected ways, and Thing #1 is genuinely pleased to be his big brother.

He is completely independent one minute and utterly incapable of doing anything without you holding him the next.  On the one hand, he is pretty easy going and laid back, but on the other hand he wants exactly what he wants when he wants it.  He is a daredevil and can put up with some serious spills, and as the stepdad said to me once, he is going to very calmly walk up to the cliff before he jumps off.  Happy Belated Birthday, Thing #2!*

*He is, after all, the second kid which is why this post is late.

No comments: