Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Carrots, Peas, and Soccer

Thing #1 went to his first soccer lesson of the season tonight.  The transformation that he went through over the last week has been amazing.  He went from absolutely not wanting anything to do with soccer to embracing it wholeheartedly.  He even said he wanted to go to a soccer camp when he came home tonight.  But what is most impressive, is what followed at dinner.

I have been complaining about his diet over the past few days, really getting stressed about it.  We went to a friend's house for dinner the other night and if they were not such good friends, I would have been absolutely ashamed but seeing how I was among friends, I was only a little embarrassed.  Thing #1 complained about dinner and refused to eat anything, even though it was pasta which is one of his favorite things.  It just looked different than what he is used to.  So, I was venting to a friend and then I asked his OT for advice about it today.  I came home ready to create a plan of attack so that by the end of the summer, Thing #1 will be eating what we eat every night. 

So, when he came home tonight and not only ate all of his chicken, but ate his carrots even asking for more.  I was already ecstatic but then he ate some peas and even tried a green bean, saying he liked it.  My jaw dropped.  If I could have danced on the table, I would have.  Instead, I told Thing #1 what a good job he did, gave The Husband a look, and continued with dinner.

2 comments:

methrifty said...

Woo Hoo. Yea for Leo. You will have to share your new found food tasting knowledge!

Emily Haussmann said...

I say, bring on dancing on the table after the kiddos go to bed =) I understand the stress, but he's also a kid with his desire to control something. Hang in there, you are an awesome mama!!