I love my birthday. In fact, I usually start the countdown the day after The Husband's birthday, although I would start it sooner if that wasn't rude. But this year, it has snuck up on me. I have been busy, working, taking care of the kids, and getting ready for the baby so I haven't had much time to really think about it, and that kind of bums me out. I don't really expect anyone else (other than my family of course) to want to celebrate my birthday, but I celebrate it with glee. This year it just isn't happening, at least on the day itself, so I will be enjoying the bits and pieces of celebrations that have been bestowed upon me.
In fact, My Mom and Sister will be rescuing the actual day itself. The Husband and I are going out tonight, thanks to My Sister for babysitting. Last night, I had a luxuriously late night with some friends, and a week ago I had a birthday/baby celebration with my awesome playgroup moms. So, thank you to everyone who is helping me salvage my birthday. I think I will be pleasantly surprised when it has come and gone, and I think about all of those who helped me get the most out of this crazy time.
*By the way, Happy Birthday to Jenn. Now go fill her inbox with lots of birthday wishes!
No comments:
Post a Comment