Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A million little things

One half of my Tucson friends came last week to visit and meet the kids, and then we met the second half in D.C. for some much-needed time away from the kids.  The amazing thing about this trip was that I had not seen the friends in about 5 years and I have never left Thing #2 for more than a couple of hours.  In fact, I have only ever left Thing #1 for one weekend since he was born.  All of that could have set the weekend up for failure, but in fact, it was amazingly relaxing.

The friends were so laid back, and they planned everything, which meant all I had to do was show up.  I got to spend two days sleeping in, going to bed late, eating in restaurants without wondering if they are kid friendly, and generally ignoring anything that smacked of a schedule.  It was glorious.

But really the best part was that it was as if I had never left the friends, as if I still lived in the same town with them and saw them every few days.  I love friendships that you can just slide back into as if there was never more than a month apart.

I was very happy to see my family on saturday but I am already thinking about my next visit to Tucson.

No comments: