Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thing #1 Turns 5!

I can't believe it but Thing #1's birthday is tomorrow.  The Husband just found some old video of him right before he turned 3 and I can't believe how much and how quickly he has changed.  He has become a boy, rather than a toddler.

He is an amazing big brother.  He teaches Thing #2 stuff; like how to fire missiles from his Imaginext planes, how the guys fit into the fire trucks, and how to build railroad tracks.  The two of them just started sharing a room, and while there are definite moments of utter impatience and hysterics, there are many more moments of quiet play, silly games, and laughing fits.  They are good together.

He constantly entertains Thing #3, and even takes on the role of "taking care of" her for us.  He loves to hold her and she constantly smiles and giggles at him.  I think he is her favorite person at the moment.  It is very charming.

He is an amazing son.  He wants to help and he wants to do good by us.  He is shy, funny, crazy, and silly all at once.  But, most importantly, he is just a good kid.  He only recently started to be proud of his accomplishments.  He gets embarrassed when he does something that he knows is wrong.  He has an amazing memory and he learns so quickly.  I am so incredibly proud of him, and I can't wait to continue to get to know him as he continues to learn and grow into himself.






Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Emily Haussmann said...

I love all the photos, but especially the last one! Happy birthday!!!